CAN/CSA A277 Standard
The certification applies to factory built prefabricated buildings, modules, and panels constructed of any material provided they comply with the requirements of the building code/regulation/standard that apply at the installation location and covers buildings of any occupancy.
The certification does not cover portions of buildings or services that are not completed in the factory, site connections to municipal services, and transport of buildings or their erection at the building site.
The Intertek mark warrants an approved factory quality program and is intended to provide a means of verifying that the prefabricated portion of a building, module, or panel, which may include factory-installed structural, plumbing, heating, and electrical systems, has been designed and built to meet the requirements of the appropriate building code or standards.
- CSA A277* Procedure for factory certification of prefabricated buildings, modules, and panels
- National Building Code of Canada*
- National Plumbing Code of Canada*
- CSA C22.1* Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1
- CSA B149.1 Natural Gas and Propane Installation Code*
- National Energy Code for Buildings*
- Other Provincial Building Codes*, if applicable